Special Olympics, Inc. is part of the movement to improve the physical and social-emotional well-being of people with intellectual disabilities (ID) by increasing their inclusion in healthcare, health promotion, and disease prevention systems. We are looking for partners who are identifying solutions to systemic problems that impact the health and well-being of people with intellectual disabilities. Organizations that have a new or existing qualifying project can apply to receive federal funding to support their efforts via the Systems Change in Inclusive Health Subgrant.
Amount of Funding Available
The amount of funding available depends on the type of organization applying and the level of change that the organization is positioned to influence.
- Larger, more established organizations working at the state and national levels can apply for up to $50,000 of funding per year.
- Smaller organizations working at the city, county, and local levels can apply for up to $25,000 of funding per year. Successful grantees may be able to graduate to the $50,000 track in subsequent years.
Guidelines & Deadlines
- Please review the Funding Guidelines & Request for Letters of Interest document to determine if your project could qualify for funding.
- Then, submit a Letter of Interest according to the guidelines outlined in the Letter of Interest Submission Form by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on June 23, 2023.
- Organizations whose letters of interest meet the requirements will be invited to submit a full proposal by July 7, and completed applications will be due on July 28, 2023. More information regarding the subgrant timeline can be found in the documents below.
- Funding Guidelines & Request for Letters of Interest (issued June 1, 2023)
- Letter of Interest Submission Form (due June 23, 2023)
The documents linked below are only needed if your organization is invited to submit a full proposal. Please do not complete the materials below unless requested. However, you may review them at any time in order to understand the full scope of the subgrant and to help with planning.
- Request for Proposals (Due July 28, 2023. Do not complete unless requested)
- Budget Template (Sample template only. Actual budget will be submitted via SmartSimple online grant management system, according to instructions provided by SOI staff. Due July 28, 2023. Do not complete unless requested.)
We look forward to learning about your ideas of how to create more accessible, inclusive health systems. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.